OverviewRespond to this Ad
Diesel Mechanic - Level 2
Carvana is hiring immediately for a Diesel Mechanic!
To speak with a recruiter, contact us at 888-655-1868
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An Intermediate Diesel Mechanic that will keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. Your main goal is to ensure our fleet of transporters are always available. As part of this role you will be ensuring all preventative maintenance and general repairs are completed in a timely manner and up to Carvana standards. The qualifying candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, goal-oriented, energetic, they must enjoy helping people, and must have the ability to interact/ communicate with all levels of the organization
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- General and preventative maintenance; including diagnostic testing, routine maintenance and determine a course of action for damaged parts and systems.
- Resolve issues from inspections or scheduled repairs to include changing brakes, adjust steering systems, replace worn-out parts and change hydraulic components.
- Complete preventative maintenance for equipment and inspect equipment to detect excessive wear
- Responsible for parts inventory and equipment provided to complete the duties outlined for position
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on assets using Maintenance Software
- May perform other general duties as needed
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 1+ year in Heavy Class 8 Mechanical Industry or experience in similar industry
- One ASE Certification within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability to work as a team player and interact with customers, managers, and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Mechanical aptitude; robust problem solving skills and attention to detail
The Intermediate Diesel Mechanic will report to the Maintenance Manager, Logistics and will be an hourly full-time position. Some travel may be required. Less than 10% of time.
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, gloves, mask, hearing protection and other PPE provided by Carvana
- Requires specific non-slip boots; Carvana provided reimbursement up to $100 per year
- Must adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.