Please apply online @: www.pepsicojobs.com
Position drives a tractor/trailer truck to make long-distance pick-ups and deliveries of predominantly finished products or materials/supplies. Checks and/or assists in the loading/unloading of the trailer. Obtains proper authorization for all deliveries/pick-ups. Inspects vehicle for proper and safe operating conditions before and after each trip. Must maintain a DOT driver's log and adhere to all DOT regulations. May require driving in adverse weather conditions. Position requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time. Also requires lifting cases weighing 20-45 pounds if they fall in trailer.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Deliver finished products or raw materials to assigned destination* Ensure safety and compliance of load* Maintain DOT driver log and other required transport documentation * Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* Position starts and finishes scheduled workday at the Lima, OH terminal, drives a Day Cab Tractor / Trailer that makes pick-up and deliveries of predominantly finished products or material / supplies. pay is based of mileage of 0.435 per mile as well as delay / drop &hook pay. - NOT hourly
* 21 years or older
* Pass the required drug test
* Pass the required background check
* Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
* Follow DOT Regulations
* Operating trucks requiring a CDL Class A license (e.g., driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, dropping and hooking, operating landing gear, or backing into docks and confined spaces, etc.)
* Hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads or hauling different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
* Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.