We are seeking an experienced and passionate Child Care Director to join our team. This role is responsible for managing the daily operations of our child care facility, ensuring the safety and well-being of the children, and developing and implementing programs and activities that help to foster development and growth. The successful candidate will also supervise and evaluate staff, handle administrative tasks, and engage with the parents of the children.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of our facility, including staffing, finances, and activities
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children by creating and implementing policies and procedures
- Create programs and activities that encourage the development and growth of the children
- Communicate with parents and guardians to ensure their satisfaction with the facility and its services
- Handle administrative tasks such as scheduling, record-keeping, and budgeting
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in child care or a related field
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to create and implement policies and procedures
- Knowledge of child development and behavior
- Understanding of health and safety regulations for childcare facilities
- Able to multitask efficiently
• Develop a curriculum and program: Child Care Directors work closely with the center’s teachers and staff, creating learning plans or programs to meet state and federal requirements and parent’s expectations.
• Oversee staff: Staff management is probably the most important task of a Child Care Director. They must interview, hire and train staff, making sure that all background and fingerprint checks have been conducted.
• Manage facilities: The Child Care Director must make sure that the facility is safe and well-stocked. That includes checking that safety equipment is available and working, removing hazards and ensuring the facility is always clean and orderly.
• Create a budget: The Child Care Director manages the facility’s finances, which includes creating and working within a budget.
• Market the facility: There is much competition between daycare facilities, so the Child Care Director must have a marketing plan to promote awareness of the facility and its services.
• Meeting up with parents and teachers: A Child Care Director will meet with parents and teachers to keep parents up-to-date on their child’s development and progress, including discussing ways to address any learning or behavioral issues.