Avoid Vehicles Scams
Here are some tips to help you avoid scams and fraud on ClassifiedAds.com and anywhere else on the Internet:
- Price is unusually low (fraction of blue book value).
If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller.
Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost. Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent.
- eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller.
eBay has no connection with ClassifiedAds.com, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake.
- Payment by Western Union or a money wire is requested.
Never use Western Union or wire transfer to pay for goods - only a scammer will ask for this, and any funds sent will be lost.
- Stories about divorcees or departing servicemen needing to sell quickly at a low price are generally fraudulent.
If you see any of these tell-tale signs, please report them by clicking "Report this ad" in the ad and avoid it!
Please understand that ClassifiedAds.com is a freely available service to help buyers and sellers (and etc.) find one another. ClassifiedAds.com is not involved in any transactions and can not police the actions of our many users.
More information is available for avoiding scams.
For additional help using ClassifiedAds.com, please visit our Help Page.