Haven Kitchen & Bar is looking for experienced line cooks to join our team.
Position: Line Cook (Permanent)
Employer: Haven Kitchen + Bar Ltd o/a Haven Kitchen & Bar
Working Location: 105-19664 64 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia, V2Y 3J6, Canada
Working Hours: 30-40hrs per week (Full-time)
Wage: $16.75 - $18.00 /hour (to be negotiated) (Overtime pay will be paid at 1.5 times your regular wage for the time over 8hrs/day and 40 hrs/wk.)
Benefits: 4% vacation fee or 10 paid vacation days
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes according to recipes, product quality, portion and presentation standards
- Food preparation is completed according to set bars and Food Safe guidelines
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of station, kitchen, and store rooms
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment, Work with specialized cooking equipment
- Be able to serve the food at fast pace with correct order to maximize the orders;
- Prepare components of each menu dish by using recipes;
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for restaurant services.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Several years of commercial cooking experience are required. Or
Completion of a 3 year apprenticeship program for cooks. Or
Completion of college or other program in cooking.
- Ability to communicate in English is required.
Please DO NOT CALL regarding the posted position. Please apply in writing with your resume & cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org We will review all applications; however, we will only contact selected candidates for interviews.