Purpose and Scope/General Summary:
Our Company is looking for a Category Manager to help drive profitable growth in the Retail Deli/Wholesale channel. This position will work cross-functionally with market intelligence, revenue management, commerce, research & development operations, supply chain, and sales/CSR functions to drive results within the focused portfolio. In collaboration with divisional finance, this person will own the Profit and loss statement (PnL) for a +100M pound value-added firm and execute category marketing fundamentals (pricing, promotion, placement, product & profit).
Candidates must be a culture match for our organization, take initiative, communicate, work independently and cross-functionally, establish genuine relationships, simplify difficult analyses, and make practical fact-based suggestions to generate results.
- Own the PnL: for Pierce® and Private Label brands sold into Retail Deli/Wholesale.
- Drive Profitable Growth: own and understand all fundamentals for core portfolio related to mix, price and cost; engage cross-functionally to identify opportunities that support profitable growth and work with external stakeholders to realize that growth.
- Fact Based, Analytically Driven: lead quantitative and qualitative portfolio performance analysis, leverage that analysis to drive insights and recommendations that support profitable growth, execute strategic initiatives in support of our long-term growth plan.
- Execute Fundamentals: related to product (market relevant & competitive mix of items), price (that supports market relevant and profitable growth), promotions (that drive positive return on investment and improve run-rate for focus products), and placement (build GTM content for the appropriate customer segments that support strategic share growth).
- Engage & Collaborate: leverage cross-functional resources to continuously improve our focus portfolio with strategic product & GTM implementation; renovate our core portfolio to drive competitiveness, support innovation that drives differentiation, build GTM plans for breakthrough innovation and meet growth objectives.
Build relationships with all internal/external stakeholders, understand team member's key functions, and hold each other accountable to produce results; drive simple/concise/relevant messages to stakeholders to improve their effectiveness.
Subject Matter Expert:
Know your category, portfolio, and target client segments inside and out; convey need states cross-functionally; and be the internal product and target customer champion.
Be dedicated to your cross-functional teams, key duties, and personal development.
Other duties as assigned:
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in states where it is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for any given position, compensation ranges are specific to those states. They take into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is committed to safeguarding the well-being of its staff and guests. To accomplish this objective, we perform drug, alcohol, and background screenings on all new hires after they have accepted a job offer, and before they commence their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act mandates that the eligibility of all new employees for employment must be confirmed by the end of their third day of work.
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/3SsXm7J