The Product Engineering team is a dynamic and highly collaborative group responsible for developing and enhancing our user-facing products. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences to our customers and take great pride in our attention to detail. From crafting efficient and responsive front-end interfaces to architecting scalable back-end solutions, our team has a comprehensive skill set that allows us to tackle complex challenges.
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Product Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone who is customer-obsessed and possesses an innate attention to detail. Your ability to simplify complicated topics and your eye for product design will be crucial in delivering exceptional user experiences. You should be comfortable collaborating with diverse teams and have a strong command of both front-end and back-end development.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Communicate with various engineering and research teams, integrating their contributions into user-facing products.
- Collaborate with the design team to iterate on product designs and efficiently convert them to code.
- Work closely with product managers to comprehend business requirements and translate them into comprehensive technical design documents.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs to maintain product quality and performance.
- Drive continuous improvement by setting higher standards for processes, software monitoring, reliability, and scalability across the stack.
What We Expect
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Proficiency in both frontend and backend development
- Product minded and care deeply about crafting an exceptional user experience
- Proven track record of tackling complex challenges with innovative and straightforward solutions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with blockchains and/or web3 (bonus)
- Have used The Graph
- Experience in one or more of the following: React, NextJS, Nodejs, Typescript, GraphQL, PostgresSQL, Kubernetes (bonus)
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.