We are looking for an experienced Computer Network Technician to join our team.
Position: Computer Network Technician (Permanent)
Working location: 4517 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6R 2J2, Canada
Working hours: 30-35 hours per week
Wage: $29.00 to $33.00 / hour (To be negotiated) (Overtime pay to be paid at 1.5 times the regular wage after 8hrs/day and after 40hrs/week.)
Benefit: 4% vacation fee or 10 days paid vacation.
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment,
- Assess and install networking software, operating system software, and computer hardware,
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks,
- Provide problem-solving services to network users, Implement data, software and hardware security procedures,
- Perform routine network start up and shut down and maintain control records, data backups and disaster recovery operations,
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade hardware and software for web servers,
- Establish local area networks and Internet connections, and use software to monitor network traffic and security, and optimize server performance,
- Completion of a College/CEGEP or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field OR Equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of work experience in a related field is required
- English written and verbal communication skills are required
Please do not call us regarding the posted position. Apply in writing with your cover letter & resume to email@example.com
We thank you for your application; however only selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.