Duration: 80 hours
Participants will learn and demonstrate all knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate patient assessments, interventions, and on-going care, including the transportation of a patient to a healthcare facility. Course content may vary depending on jurisdictional requirements and, in addition, follows the National Occupational Competency Profiles (NOCP) as defined by the Paramedic Association of Canada. Participants will be engaged in dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, discussions.
- Successfully demonstrate the required skills
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Successfully complete two evaluated scenarios (one medical and one trauma)
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- EMR workbook provided prior to course start date
3-year certification in Emergency Medical Responder (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Professionals in emergency medical care who may be responsible for initial assessments, the provision of safe and prudent care, and the transport of a patient to the most appropriate healthcare facility.
Participant must be currently certified in Standard First Aid with CPR level C.
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Text book (available for purchase, call us at 250-861-4357 to order)
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Workbook